- Where is the DAAD Portal? Once you have chosen the relevant scholarship option and read through all the important information, go to ‘Application’. The DAAD Portal is at the bottom of the page.
- Where is the Online Application form? The application form is in the DAAD Portal.
Should you have any further issues accessing and navigating the DAAD Portal please contact the Portal Hotline for assistance;
email at firstname.lastname@example.org phone at +49 228 882-8888.
In general, the portal hotline can be reached on weekdays from 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 hrs (German Time).
Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders • DAAD
Who can apply?
- former holder of DAAD research grants or study scholarships and funding was provided by the Federal Foreign Office for a period of over six months.
- former East German scholarship holder who studied for at least one year in Germany.
What can be funded?
- research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
- Funding is provided for one to three months. Please indicate in your application how long you wish to receive funding. The funding period will then be determined during the selection process by a selection committee. The committee takes into account your work plan.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Please note in your time planning that the funded stays should be completed by January 2024 at the latest.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Other payments cannot be made.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research or work project
- In the case of working stays outside the science sector, particular attention is paid to the following questions:
- Will the stay in Germany have a sustainable effect on your professional activity?
- Can you expect it to have multiplier effects, for example, in the form of planned publications?
- Will your stay in Germany promote existing cooperations?
For more information on the selection procedure, go to Important Scholarship Information / Section E.