- Where is the DAAD Portal? Once you have chosen the relevant scholarship option and read through all the important information, go to ‘Application’. The DAAD Portal is at the bottom of the page.
- Where is the Online Application form? The application form is in the DAAD Portal.
Should you have any further issues accessing and navigating the DAAD Portal please contact the Portal Hotline for assistance;
email at email@example.com phone at +49 228 882-8888.
In general, the portal hotline can be reached on weekdays from 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 hrs (German Time).
Staff Exchange Fellowships in Sub-Saharan Africa • DAAD
The purpose of the fellowship programme for staff exchange is to promote interuniversity co-operation through academic mobility and to enhance the quality of teaching and research at Sub-Saharan African universities.
The objective is to improve the quality and quantity of training and research at Sub-Saharan African universities and to promote the mobility of lecturers
- The host institution shall provide the local expenses such as lodging, board, local transportation and medical care during the stay.
- The home institution shall maintain the payment of the salary and benefits for the duration of the fellowship.
- The implementation of the fellowship should contribute to develop staff exchange between Sub-Saharan African universities.
Who can apply?
For further information, see: “Application requirements”
What can be funded?
Applications may come from all subject areas with strong relevance to national or regional development.
Terms and Conditions
At the end of the fellowship the fellow has to provide a detailed report on the findings of the teaching and give further information on future co-operation and academic activities.
Duration of the funding
- a travel allowance
- monthly allowance of EUR 1.200,--
The scholarship will be paid directly to the scholarship holder´s banking account. Further details will be announced after admission to the scholarship programme.
The DAAD will endeavor to transfer/pay out the first payments as quickly as possible after the scholarship holder has arrived at the host institution. Nevertheless, it is recommended to bring a financial reserve for the first time period.