- Where is the DAAD Portal? Once you have chosen the relevant scholarship option and read through all the important information, go to ‘Application’. The DAAD Portal is at the bottom of the page.
- Where is the Online Application form? The application form is in the DAAD Portal.
Should you have any further issues accessing and navigating the DAAD Portal please contact the Portal Hotline for assistance;
email at firstname.lastname@example.org phone at +49 228 882-8888.
In general, the portal hotline can be reached on weekdays from 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 hrs (German Time).
Master Course in German Studies at the University of Nairobi • DAAD
Who can apply?
at least B2 proficiency level in German or its equivalent
What can be funded?
Duration of the funding
In the first instance an award of 12 months is granted, a renewal of another 12 months can be applied for at a later date.
- Monthly stipend of 240 Euros (for Kenyans) or
- Monthly stipend of 380 Euros (for Non-Kenyans)
- University tuition fees
- Annual Research Allowance
- Medical Insurance (only for Non-Kenyans)
- Travel allowance (only for Non-Kenyans
Following the successful application at UoN , the applicants will be invited for an interview by DAAD Office Nairobi (if applicable via video or telephone conference) for final selection by an independent selection committee consisting of specialist scientists.
Criteria for selection are academic achievements, proficiency in German and a convincing explanation of professional and personal reasons for choosing this study programme.
Only candidates who get admission to the Masters programme (proven by a Letter of Offer) at the UoN can get a DAAD scholarship.