- Where is the DAAD Portal? Once you have chosen the relevant scholarship option and read through all the important information, go to ‘Application’. The DAAD Portal is at the bottom of the page.
- Where is the Online Application form? The application form is in the DAAD Portal.
Should you have any further issues accessing and navigating the DAAD Portal please contact the Portal Hotline for assistance;
email at email@example.com phone at +49 228 882-8888.
In general, the portal hotline can be reached on weekdays from 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 hrs (German Time).
Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists • DAAD
Who can apply?
Former holders of fellowships from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are requested to contact first the Humboldt Foundation.
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. A research stay can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- In the case of a disability or chronic illness: subsidy for additional costs which result from the disability or chronic illness and are not covered by other funding providers: Further information
- Other payments cannot be made.
The most important selection criteria are:
- academic achievements and recent publications which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- a convincing and well-planned research project