- Where is the DAAD Portal? Once you have chosen the relevant scholarship option and read through all the important information, go to ‘Application’. The DAAD Portal is at the bottom of the page.
- Where is the Online Application form? The application form is in the DAAD Portal.
Should you have any further issues accessing and navigating the DAAD Portal please contact the Portal Hotline for assistance;
email at email@example.com phone at +49 228 882-8888.
In general, the portal hotline can be reached on weekdays from 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 16:00 hrs (German Time).
Re-invitation for former scholarship-holders of the Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (DEPOS / AST) • DAAD
Who can apply?
What can be funded?
- Research and projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany.
- Work stay at an institution in business, administration, for former scholarship holders of the “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS)” who work outside of the academic sector.
- A research or work stay can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
Monthly payments for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector will be calculated based upon their qualifications accordingly.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Other payments cannot be made.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research or work project
- In the case of working stays outside the science sector, particular attention is paid to the following questions:
- Will the stay in Germany have a sustainable effect on your professional activity?
- Can you expect it to have multiplier effects, for example, in the form of planned publications?
- Will your stay in Germany promote existing cooperations?