The DAAD Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders is accepting applications until 1 April! The aim of this programme is to enable former scholarship holders to carry out research and working projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global Alumni network.
Who can apply?
- Former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships, whose funding was provided by the Federal Foreign Office for a period of over six months
- Former East German scholarship holders who studied for at least one year in Germany
What can be funded?
- Research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
- A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- Monthly payments of 2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers, 2,150 euros for professors
- Monthly payments for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector will be calculated based upon their qualifications accordingly.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Health insurance coverage is mandatory in Germany. If you do not have a corresponding home health insurance, you will be insured by the DAAD. The costs will be deducted from the scholarship payment.
Application Deadline 1 April 2022!
More information on requirements and application process here: DAAD Re-invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders