The Call for applications for the International Climate Protection Fellowship for prospective leaders and postdoctoral researchers with the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are out! Applications close 1 February 2022!
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 15 International Climate Protection Fellowships to prospective leaders and up to five fellowships to postdoctoral researchers from non-European transition or developing countries, who are active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change. The young climate experts will come to Germany for 12–24 months to work alongside a host of their own choosing on a research-related project or long-term academic research.
• A monthly fellowship of between €2,170 and €2,670, depending on career stage
• Individual mentoring during the stay in Germany
• Additional financial support for items such as family allowances, travel expenses or a German language course
• A three-week introductory phase, during which fellows will have the opportunity to make contact with other climate protection fellows and visit companies, research institutions and cultural events in Germany
• Extensive alumni sponsorship, especially support for networking with collaborative partners in Germany during the fellow’s entire professional career
• Citizenship of a non-European transition or developing country which is also the applicant’s habitual residence and place of work
• Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years ago
• Extensive professional experience or a successfully completed doctorate (less than four years ago) in climate protection or climate-related resource conservation
• A mentoring agreement signed by a host in Germany
• A proposal which candidates must draw up on their own and coordinate with their host.
• Clearly visible leadership potential
Application deadline: 1 February 2022
Further information, a list of all application requirements and a link to the online application form are available at International Climate Protection Fellowship – Humboldt foundation
Advice and contact
If you have any questions regarding the International Climate Protection Fellowship Programme or would like individual guidance, please contact email@example.com