Applications are now open for Postdoc fellowships in climate research and protection as part of the DAAD’s climapAfrica Programme. Join an extensive network of African researchers and contribute to knowledge on climate issues on the African continent! Applications close on 17 November 2021.
ClimapAfrica supports research on climate change, its impacts and possible counter actions. It should be possible to assign the postdoctoral research project to one of the following research areas: Agriculture, (Adapted) Land Use, Climate science, Law, Economic and social science, Mathematics/Natural science, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Biodiversity, Food security, Marine Science, Human Security, Education, Energy, Informatics, Water security and water resources, Woodland and forest sustainability.
- PhD Degree
- Nationality of an African Country
- Host institution in on of the Western/Southern African countries listed below: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Togo, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal (in English):
- DAAD application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of national and international publications
- Letter of invitation: from the host institution in western-/southern Africa
- Letter of invitation: From the host institution in Germany if you want to realize a research stay
- Research proposal
- Time schedule for the realization of the planned work (e.g. in the form of a bar chart)
Documents to be submitted by post:
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees
The recommendations must be handed out to the applicant in sealed envelopes and can be submitted together via post:
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
ST32, Mariane Michels,
Application Deadline: 17 November 2021.
For more information click here.