The Goethe-Institut South Africa is looking for an Administrator as a parental leave replacement in the Language Department. Full-time employment is offered from the 15th of January 2022 until 31 August 2022. Applications close on the 22 October 2021.
The Goethe-Institut e.V. is a federal intermediary organization whose goals are to promote knowledge of the German language abroad, to foster international cultural cooperation and to convey a comprehensive image of Germany by providing information on cultural, social and political life.
– Coordination and controlling of the scholarship program in South Africa and the sub-Saharan region
– Advising prospective language course and training applicants (scholarship holders, German teachers and students)
– Processing of all scholarship applications and special scholarship programs
– Budget monitoring of regional scholarship funds; maintenance of the digital workspace
– Coordination of projects, seminars and events of the language department/assistance in the organization, implementation and accounting of measures
– Travel arrangements: ordering airline tickets, obtaining visas, accommodations, transfers
– Ordering and distribution of teaching materials for teaching resource centers and educational cooperation partners
– Completed university degree (BA)
– Sound IT user skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, Miro and other online tools.
– Willingness to familiarize yourself with the Goethe-Institut’s planning and management tools
– German language skills at native level, very good English skills
– Very good social and intercultural skills
– Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, willingness to travel
– Work permit for South Africa.
Deadline: 22 October 2021
See the job listing for more information and application procedure: