The Technische Universität Berlin is once again organizing an international alumni seminar sponsored by the DAAD for alumni of German universities and research institutions living abroad from 1 – 5 November 2021. The topic is “Innovative Vocational Education and Training for Companies and Society”.
International cooperation in vocational education and training has flourished in the second decade of the 21st century and is of increased priority, especially for developing and emerging countries. In this International Alumni Seminar on innovations in initial and continuing education, the focus will be on qualification for employment – whether in the formal economy or the micro-enterprises of the informal sector – through innovative training and further education in connection with the existing vocational training and/or economic structures. By also considering the question of social participation of family and youth they are including the important impact of vocational education and training on social well-being and the perspective of a good life.
This invitation to apply for this virtual cross-disciplinary exchange, looks forward to offering:
- an open discussion about the concepts and practices of innovative initial and further vocational education and training,
- knowledge transfer regarding state-of-the-art agile and competence-promoting education and training concepts
- sharing and networking with experts on qualification for employment and professional training.
Each day, there will be ample opportunity for exchange and for the development of your own innovative concepts for vocational education and training.
Who can apply?
- alumni of a German institution of higher education/non-university research institute residing outside Germany,
- those working in industry, science and higher education, public administration or an NGO,
- individuals concerned with qualification issues and professional education and training.
Aapplication deadline is 12 September 2021. Information about the programme, the requirements and the opportunity to apply here: International Alumni Seminar