The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is seeking to appoint a part-time Project Coordinator (approx. 26 hours a week) who will assist in the initiation phase of a prospective new ‘African-German Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Food Systems and Applied Agricultural and Nutritional Data Science.’
The part-time position is based at the Institute for Social Development, Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences at the University of the Western Cape (UWC), in Cape Town.
The project is initiated and financed by the German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL). It builds on existing partnerships, namely, the DAAD ‘South African-German Centre for Development Researc’ (SA-GER CDR) at UWC, and network partners such as the
Department of Science and Innovation-National Research Foundation (NRF) Centre of Excellence in Food Security. The DAAD will be responsible for the overall coordination of the project during the forthcoming 12 months. The part-time Project Coordinator is going to closely assist the DAAD Lecturer in Development Research at UWC, supporting the DAAD project team in Bonn/Germany as well as the BMEL.
Location: Cape Town
Contract period: 1 August 2021 – 31 July 2022
- Masters degree (for instance in Development Studies, Agricultural Sciences, Human Nutrition or similar)
- Knowledge of the South African higher education system and the research environment in the fields of agriculture, food security, nutrition systems, sustainable development and development studies
- Proven experience in project management and report writing
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Work permit for South Africa
Applications can be submitted until 12h00 SAST on 19 July 2021 per email to Ruth Knoblich, DAAD , DAAD Lecturer in Development Research at UWC: email@example.com
For more on the position, the key performance areas and key competencies needed, check out the job listing here: