Our office is hiring! You can now apply to become a part of our team on a part-time basis! As an Information Officer you will share information on study and research in Germany with the wider student and research community in South Africa!
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a joint organisation of German universities for the promotion of international scientific cooperation and academic exchange. A worldwide network of 18 DAAD regional offices and over 50 information centres and information points support the work of the DAAD head office in Bonn.
The DAAD Information Centre in Johannesburg is looking for a dedicated and versatile staff member for student counselling, administration and programme coordination in part-time. The position is initially limited until December 2021.
For the position German language proficiency on B1 (European Framework of Reference for Languages) level is required.
The tasks include:
- Advice on study and research opportunities in Germany as well as on the scholarship programs of the DAAD
- General office duties
- Planning and implementation of information events and fairs
- Preparation of publications and promotional materials
- Maintaining the website and the social media channels of the Information Centre
- Maintaining contacts with partner organisations and DAAD Alumni
- Analysis of the South African higher education market
- University degree (at least BA); studies or working experience in Germany is an advantage
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of German language (B1)
- Good knowledge of the German higher education system
- Good skills in Microsoft Office
- Organisational skills, intercultural competence, commitment and resilience
- Work experience in cultural and education sector is an advantage
Salary is based on the remuneration scheme of the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, where our office is located. The working conditions are subject to South African labour law.
Only full applications will be considered. A full application contains the following documents:
- Motivational letter (for the specific position)
- University degree(s)
- German language certificate that proves intermediate German language proficiency on B1 level
If the university degree is not available at the time of application, the applicant must explain why it is not available in the motivational letter (possible reason: first academic degree will only be obtained at the end of the year). If a language certificate is not available at the time of application, the applicant must explain why in the motivational letter (possible reason: German was studied as part of a degree programme and no official certificate is available). If a language certificate is not available at the time of application, the candidate will be required to do a 40-minute German language test (onSET) during the interview process: onSET Sample Test
The full application
- should be sent to the Information Centre via the following email address: email@example.com
- must be uploaded onto the Wits job application portal here: Wits vacancies (Information Officer 50% under Support Vacancies)
Only applications will be considered that have been uploaded onto the Wits portal.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 4th June.
Please see our website for information on the DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg and feel free to contact the office for further enquiries.