This event has been cancelled due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic.
Calls for application for the DAAD Alumni Special Project 2021 on Water in Africa in Balance with Human Needs and Nature, which includes a training seminar and participation at IFAT Africa in July 2021 in Johannesburg, are now open. Alumni of German universities from developing countries in Sub-Saharan Africa are welcome to apply to participate in the programme until 10 January 2021.
The seminar and the participation in IFAT Africa 2021 are offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in the framework of the programme, Alumni Special Projects. The International Alumni Seminar is organized by TU Bergakademie Freiberg in Partnership with Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Dresden. The costs for participants will mainly be covered by funds from DAAD provided by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The seminar is scheduled in the run-up to the trade fair IFAT Africa 2021, the leading German Industry and Trade Fair for Waste, Water and Environmental Technology in the region. The partner host university of the seminar will be the University of Johannesburg.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation
This seminar targets Alumni of German universities
- from the so-called developing countries in Sub-Saharan Africa (countries listed on the DAC list),
- who carried out research or studied in Germany for at least 3 months and
- who are currently living and working in their home countries
- and can show a proven background in academic fields relevant to the topics of the training seminar and the trade fair.
- International return ticket from and to Johannesburg airport (lowest possible economy class airfare)
- Local airport transit
- Travel health insurance (max. 30 Euro) and visa costs
- Accommodation and meals during the stay in Johannesburg during the seminar and the trade fair participation
- Transport on excursions
- Entrance fees to IFAT Africa 2021
Download the full call for applications below for more details on the programme, seminar aims, further requirements and application procedure: