Applications are now open to current or designated quality managers at academic institutions in the SADC region for the DIES Course Training on Internal Quality Assurance (TrainIQA). Applications close on 2 August 2020.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK), the Southern African Regional Universities Association (SARUA) and the University of Potsdam (UP) are jointly offering the DIES Course Training on Internal Quality Assurance – TrainIQA in the SADC region.
TrainIQA is part of the DIES programme (Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies) which aims at strengthening higher education management structures in developing countries. DIES is jointly coordinated by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK) and supported by funds of the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Eligible to apply for this modular and practice-oriented training are current or designated quality managers or senior managers responsible for QA with proven knowledge and experience from Higher Education Institutions from the SADC region (Angola, Botswana, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eswatini, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe).
Further key criteria are:
- Participants hold preferentially the position of a designated quality manager with at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- They should be in office for a minimum of 2 years / or should have at least 2 years’ experience in QA.
- Participants should be employed on long-term contracts that go beyond the project ending in November 2021.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- Availability during all parts of the course.
Applications close on 2 August 2020. Please see the following website for the full call for applications and application procedure: