Applications are now open for Postdoc fellowships in climate research and protection as part of the DAAD's climapAfrica Programme. Join an extensive network of African researchers and contribute to knowledge on climate issues on the African continent! Applications close on 14 September 2020.
The Climate research Alumni and Postdocs in Africa (climapAfrica) programme brings high-potential African researchers in climate change research and protection together with African alumni of German funding initiatives. It seeks to catalyse uptake and use of research outputs through a vibrant, highly connected network to facilitate the development of regional solutions.
For the postdoctoral fellowship, the following documents will be required:
- DAAD application form, duly filled (available in the DAAD portal).
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu).
- List of national and international publications.
- Letter of invitation from the host institution in western-/southern Africa (including current date and stamp of the institution).
- Research proposal.
- Time schedule for the realization of the planned work.
- Alumni Working groups: Please provide an outline for:
- Three activities for your working group and specify how you would implement them with your working group.
- Two challenges that you might be facing and how to overcome them when coordinating and motivating experts from all over Africa to perform joint activities.
- PhD certificate (must be certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (must be certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Copy of passport.
Application takes place online through the DAAD's scholarship website:
Please do not hesitate to contact the DAAD via firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to be informed about the program or should you have any additional questions.