The DAAD is looking for a dedicated and versatile consultant to update the contact details of the South African DAAD alumni in preparation for a major alumni event planned for 2020.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is the world’s largest funding organisation for the international exchange of students and researchers. Since it was founded in 1925, more than 2 million scholars in Germany and abroad have received DAAD funding. It is a registered association and its members are German institutions of higher education and student bodies. Its activities go far beyond simply awarding grants and scholarships. The DAAD supports the internationalisation of German universities, promotes German studies and the German language abroad, assists developing countries in establishing effective universities and advises decision makers on matters of cultural, education and development policy.
A worldwide network of 16 DAAD regional offices and 56 information centres support the work of the DAAD head office in Bonn, Germany.
The tasks include:
Updating and completing the contact details of the South African DAAD alumni (more than 3500 contacts) as well as researching and contacting potentially interesting alumni for the participation in the planned alumni event.
- Processing of two Excell Sheets with 3550 and 6300 fields, respectively.
- Adjustment of the two sheets and creation of a master sheet
- Verification of the email addresses (1430) by making contact
- Adding new information on alumni into the master sheet
- Online research of 200 contacts without valid email addresses
- Reliability, also with regard to data privacy issues
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent command of English
- Very good skills in data processing (Excel)
- Good skills in creating and evaluating online surveys
The consultant needs to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure data security.
A contract for commissioned data processing shall be concluded with the contractor as per Art. 28 of the German General Data Protection Regulations (DSGVO)
To apply: Submit a bid in PDF format based on the above requirements, clearly outlining the following:
- Briefly describe why you are suitable for this task
- Available time frame for the research
- Work plan stipulating hours and methods (total hours also to be stipulated)
- Technical and organisational measures and tools to be employed (must ensure data security)
- Service fee (net) per hour and your tax rate or, if applicable, your tax exemption, and the total costs of services for the research
Please e-mail your written and signed bid as a PDF attachment to email@example.com by latest 10 June.
Enquiries: DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg, www.daad.org.za