The DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg, in cooperation with the University of the Witwatersrand, has a 50% part-time Programme Advisor/Information Coordinator position available! The Information Centre encourages applications for the position until 15 March 2019!
Information Co-ordinator (AD10) - 50% Position
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is a joint organization of German universities for the promotion of international scientific cooperation and academic exchange. A worldwide network of 16 DAAD regional offices and 56 information centres support the work of the DAAD head office in Bonn.
The DAAD Information Centre in Johannesburg in cooperation with the University of the Witwatersrand is looking for a dedicated and versatile staff member for student counselling, administration and program coordination on a part-time basis (50%). The position is initially limited until 31 December 2019.
The tasks include:
- Advice on study and research opportunities in Germany as well as on the scholarship programs of the DAAD
- General office duties
- Planning and implementation of information events and fairs
- Preparation of publications and promotional materials
- Maintaining the website and social media platforms of the Information Centre
- Maintaining contacts with partner organizations and DAAD Alumni
- Analysis of the South African higher education market
- University degree (at least BA); studies or working experience in Germany is an advantage
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent command of English, knowledge of German language
- Good knowledge of the German higher education system
- Good skills in Microsoft Office
- Organizational skills, intercultural competence, commitment and resilience
- Work experience in cultural and education sector is an advantage
Salary is based on the remuneration scheme of the University of the Witwatersrand and graded as Administrator Officer (AD10). The working conditions are subject to the terms and conditions of the University of the Witwatersrand.
Enquiries ONLY: email@example.com, (011) 7179334
To apply, submit a letter of motivation – clearly indicating which position you are applying for and a detailed CV. The names and contact details of three referees may be included but are not necessary. Application is through the system of the University of the Witwatersrand.
Application deadline: 15 March 2019
*The University is committed to employment equity. Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the under-represented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the University. Designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as amended, means black people, women and people with disabilities.
The University reserves the right to verify all information provided by candidates and to verify credit standing.
Please note that correspondence will only be entered into with short-listed candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.
Please note that only applications via the website will be considered for shortlisting.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.