The Federal Germany Ministry for Education and Research is bestowing the German-African Incentive Award for the second time to African researchers! The Award encourages African countries’ own initiative to translate research results into innovative solutions which will benefit the population in Africa. It is aimed at promoting research activities that are application-orientated and sustainable and address the needs of society.
The German-African Incentive Award at a glance:
- Total prize money of 150,000.00 Euro, spilt between African and German partners.
- Nomination by the African researcher him/herself or by your German partner institution.
- The underlying concept of innovation includes both technological and social innovation – society is here a central player.
- The Award enables African researchers to collaborate with German partners.
- Where possible, the nominated project should create the basis for establishing a lasting innovation structure such as a start-up, an innovation incubator, small enterprise oriented to research.
In line with the new Africa Strategy of the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) priority areas for funding are:
- Environmental sciences
- Health research
- Societal development and social sciences
- Resource management
- Information and communication
Nominations are open until 19 January 2019.
Below a PDF document with more information is available for download.